Friday, 10 June 2011

Atonement

This is what I've been recently obsessing about.


I read Ian McEwan's novel and then saw the film, directed by Joe Wright. Both the book and the film are simply sublime. McEwan's writing is beautiful, rich, complex and the novel will make you think, and ponder, and ask questions to which there are no easy answers. I recommend reading the book before watching the adaptation (again, the novel has been translated into Polish and the translation is really good), but whatever you choose, it's very important that you avoid spoilers.

I haven't been so impressed with either a film or a book for a very long time.

3 comments:

  1. The trailer seems very romantic. I like this kind of stories. Thank you for recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for watching it and commenting. :) Be warned, though - it's not a film you might want to watch when you need some cheering up. It's incredibly intense. I don't want to say too much for fear of spoiling it for you, but yeah, it's not a typical romantic love story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok. Thank you for warning ;)

    ReplyDelete