Friday, 29 April 2011

*headdesk*

Wow, I'm so behind on everything it's not even funny! Posts, précis, comments... grammar, vocabulary, phonetics, etc., etc. I'm glad there's a so-called long weekend ahead; a good opportunity to catch up. Starting right now. ;)


Easter was good. And busy too, but good busy. :) Lots of quality time with my family. Later, I've finally managed to make a plan of sorts for the next month or so; it should help me to go through May which is going to be very busy as well. 


Btw - just been on one of my favourite online dictionaries to copy the word "précis" (I have no idea how to make this little dash over "e" and I like to be correct with spelling ;)) and well, this is one of these interestingly illogical words in English, with the same spelling for singular and plural - précis, but different pronunciation: /preɪˈsi:/ and /preɪˈsi:z/. Of course. :P But at least there's no stress shift. You've gotta look on the bright side of life, right? ;)

Okay, talk to you later. And I need to visit your blogs at last. :)

2 comments:

  1. phonetics:/ I've started already, but I really hate it:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! It's a lot of work and it's not easy, but I like it. A lot. Very interesting, and useful too.

    ReplyDelete