Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Beach Read

I'd been given some birthday money by my family and as for me it always means books/DVDs, I bought some on Monday. I briefly (but not very seriously) considered something intellectual, but finally got myself another Kinsella. :P It's her 2003 book "Can You Keep a Secret?" - a good read; nothing deep, but very entertaining. I'm almost done with it, so if any of you would like to borrow, just let me know. I'll be happy to share. :)


It's classic chick lit, so probably not recommended for you, guys (sorry!) - but I hope some of the girls may want to have a look.

7 comments:

  1. :) I also like Kinsella. I'm just reading the "Shopaholic and Sister", but I don't find it as funny as "Confessions of Shopaholic".
    I will borrow some new Kinsella from you for my summer holidays :)thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy I was trying very hard to read Pride and Prejudice, I started it but I know that I won't finish it:/ It's too difficult for me I suppose... so I'm going to hand back it to you... but I've started Darcy's Story and I enjoy it very much:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I'll be happy to lend it to you, Queenie. Shall I bring it on Friday or do you want it some time later?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxunia, that's completely all right. I know Austen is not an easy read, especially at first. Glad you like Darcy's story, though. :) But you know - it's not much simpler than P&P; the author did try to imitate Austen's language and style.

    I hope you'll watch the BBC miniseries - it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you don`t mind I would like to be the second in this queue for Kinsella, although I`m still reding your another book (Eat, pray, love) but Kinsella seems easier to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for borrowing me this book! I really enjoyed it! It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that's great! I'm so happy you liked it. :) And Daisy, the book may be yours ASAP. Kinsella is a very good remedy for overworked and overstressed minds. ;)

    ReplyDelete