Monday, 21 March 2011

Every cloud has a silver lining...

... at least I've been trying to think along these lines. ;)

1. My laptop got kaput on Saturday. :( It wasn't exactly ancient, but old enough to break, and I'd been sort of expecting it for a while, but still it wasn't a nice suprise. BUT it happened after my presentation AND I haven't lost the data, because the harddrive is ok, so that's good!
2. It also means sharing a family computer, which makes it harder, time-wise, BUT it'll probably make me more efficient, as I'll have to get things done faster.
3. I think I've caught a cold, BUT there's still a chance I'll nip it in the bud. Plus I have this nice incentive of going out with y'all for a drink on Satuday, so I can't really be ill, can I? :P
4. As a result of my laptop failure, I didn't get around to posting my 2nd precis, which means two precis this week, BUT I've commented on your blogs and am about to finish this post, so things are getting done after all. :D

Btw, I did a part of our grammar homework yesterday and I can tell you it was a hell lot of writing! We've got at least three exercises when we have to rewrite some passages in the passive, and it takes a lot of time, so be prepared it may take you longer than usual. But then, we get a chance to practice our handwriting, so there's a silver lining to this cloud too. :P

5 comments:

  1. I'm also doing my grammar work and I must agree- it is a lot of it.
    I'm sorry for your computer, but after all it is JUST a computer.
    I also hope we all recover till Sat, so we can go for drink. Looking forward :), so get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's just a computer, that's true. And luckily, we have another one I can use.

    I'll be doing my best to get better but for now, I'm sort of bleh. Sore throat, runny nose, aching muscles and all that jazz. I'm sure you know what I mean. ;)

    I'm reading the book you lent me and I love it! It puts things in perspective very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for you computer too, because I know how annoying it had to be:/ and we also have "sth" what you called family computer and it is usually occupied so if I want to use it, it means waiting for a long time...

    And I hope you feel better as soon as it is possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not so bad - I've managed to do everything I needed, at least so far.

    Thank you for the kind words and good wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the information about grammar exercises. I haven`t done it yet because it hasn`t been difficult or time consuming so far, so another nasty surprise. How to relax with all this stuff that must be done?

    ReplyDelete