Are you a planning person? I'm not - and I so often wish I were, because I constantly feel like I'm behind on everything. Planning has some really bad associations for me, from the (rather remote) past, which is why I avoid it like a plague. And it's really stupid of me, because planning does make your life easier. You just put things on paper, cross them out when they're done, and voilà - it's as simple as that.
Anyway, I've been thinking about changing it, step by step. So, there's something I'm totally copying from my friend, but it's worth stealing (I'm sure you won't mind, B, when you see this ;)).
There's this project: http://dayzeroproject.com/ which gives you a chance to make your own list of things you want to accomplish and then to track your progress. I don't want to do it online (surprise, surprise ;)), but I like the rules (which I'm posting beneath, copied from this link):
The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Me being me (as in, not a planner), I know I may have problems with coming up with 101 goals - but how about 10 in 101 days for a start? :D Sounds like a good idea, at least to me. Wish me luck. ;)
You know I fully support this and do not mind at all that you're copying me, because I'm totally copying someone else! ;)
ReplyDeleteDo it! Do it! Do it!
10 in 101! And this list is more fun anyway, because it's things you WANT to do... the best kind.
Love. B
I will! At least the 10 in 101 part. I'm crap at planning and just as bad at sticking to my plans, so 1001 is just too long for me.
ReplyDeleteI'll email you my list. Not sure it's going to be fun (you'll know what I mean when you see my list :P), but at least something I need to do and have for ages.
Planning is a good idea, although I can`t imagine me having plans for more than a month. Who knows what will happen in a year`s time? The most rewarding for me is to make plans for a week or two, stick to them and cross them out gradually. Anyway, good luck
ReplyDeleteI do the same as Daisy. I make a plan for not more than 1 month. Unless this is a travel plan. Then, I do it about half a year ahead. And I agree, planning is a very good idea to live less stressing life.
ReplyDeleteand of course- I wish you luck !!! :)
ReplyDeleteI always make plans. Life is easier when things are organized. Sometimes, however, we cannot predict everyhing. We must deal with it. Maybe it's OK when life surprise us from time to time:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments, girls. I see your point, but the thing is this plan isn't so time-specific other than that you want to accomplish certain things within a 1001 day time frame - which is a bit different than saying "I'll do this on March 12th next year". For example, I'm sure we all have a goal to get a BA in English in 2013 - and that's exactly the kind of plan we can make.
ReplyDeleteMy only plan for now, though, is to get some me-time - just one day without having to plan anything at all. :P I do need it.