Posted my first précis and gosh, it took me forever to do this I think I spent less time on the actual writing than on this vocabulary thing. :/ And formatting. Either I went about it the wrong way or it's just what it's going to look like every week. Which is a depressing thought, really. ;)
Anyway, I've spent the last half an hour decompressing, listening to different covers of Cohen's "Hallelujah" (thanks, The Queen and james bond! :D). I love love LOVE this song. Can't stop listening.
hahaha. I believe my precis will take me as long as it took you.
ReplyDeleteAnd about the "Halleluja". I spent half a day yesterday listening to different versions, as well as to some other songs which I came across searching on YT. Gosh! I really had good time, but today I promised myself- no more music and I started to study hard for the psychology exam.
Yeah, it's not easy. Not that I was surprised, I'd always known it was going to be hard. It's just that I hadn't expected putting all this vocabulary together would be so time-consuming. Bleh.
ReplyDeleteLOL about "Hallelujah"! I did the same yesterday. I just couldn't stop. I listened to Neil Diamond and Alison Crowe (I think that's the right spelling, I don't have time to go and check it right now), and Bon Jovi again, but it's still either Wainwright or Cohen for me. No changes here.
Btw, wherever I go on the net, people are waxing poetic about Jeff Buckley's version, as the best one ever, the most incredible, etc. I listened to it again, but gosh, I see no charm whatsoever in it. Hmmm.
Looks like it's just three of us blogging actively; hope more people will join in soon.
And GOOD LUCK with psychology!!! Sending you all good thoughts.