Friday, 29 April 2011
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Did you watch William and Kate's wedding? I couldn't watch it live (who gets married on Friday morning anyway? ;)) but caught the highlights on CNN afterwards. In a way, it was strange and exotic, but also interesting and very beautiful. I don't particularly care about the English monarchy either way, but still, I was interested. To a non-English eye, like mine, it looked a bit theatrical and fairy-talish, but there was solemnity about it which I personally find strangely appealing.
See, I'm a great believer in the value of tradition. I think tradition - national, religious - is something that should be respected and cherished. And the English certainly can be proud of their heritage. I mean, it's over 1000 years of monarchy! Even if some people are violently against it, it's still quite amazing. A thousand years of unbroken tradition! Not something to be disregarded easily.
So, if you missed it, here is the BBC extensive coverage. With the royal kiss on the front to tempt you. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I also don't care about the Royal Family and I didn't watch the Wedding. I heard on radio today that some women- the ardent fans in USA were watching it having worn the hats and drunk English tea. Funny :) The young couple looks beautiful on the picture you have posted though.
ReplyDeleteI had wanted watch it on Friday, but I thought that the wedding is at 1 o'clock and it was at 11 :D so I switched on tv and I saw an ampty church :D and what is more I thought that the wedding hadn't started yet:D and after a few minutes I saw Kate and William leaving the church...
ReplyDeletebut I saw thier public kiss on balcony:D
Yes, they are a beautiful couple and I've heard a lot of comments saying that the British monarchy is back, with the new Duke and Duchess. They're apparently very much appreciated by the English, even those who aren't particularly enthusiastic about the royalty. I hope their marriage will be a happy one; not like that of William's parents.
ReplyDeleteI wish them the best :)
ReplyDelete